Re: MTS

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:49:20 GMT

MTS allows you to have a fixed memory slice, dedicated connections will take up extra memory. As suggested by another poster, look into your memory share_pool_size, large_pool_size parameters, and whatever else has changed in 9i.

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:49:42 +0200, Cristian Veronesi <veronesic_at_libero.it> wrote:

>Anton Buijs wrote:
>
>> In my experience MTS is only usefull when there are > 100 concurrent users.
>
>I configured my database (9.0.1.3 running on SuSE Linux SLES7) for MTS
>(now called Oracle Shared Server) just by answering to the MTS-related
>question posed by the Database Creation Assistant. The database is
>connected to 9iAS 1.0.2 and I'm facing a lot of "Maximum # of sessions
>exceeded" and "Unable to allocate shared memory" errors. Since I don't
>have > 100 concurrent users, I wish to try to disable MTS to see if the
>problems come out again.
>
>May you please tell me which initialization parameter(s) have I to
>change in order to (safely) disable MTS? I searched trough the Oracle
>docs but I was not able to find this info.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Kind regards, Cristian

We use Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 11:49:20 CDT