Re: Oracle database with 100 schemas

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:45:54 GMT

On 11 Jun 2002 15:31:06 -0700, daningaddr_at_hotmail.com (danny) wrote:

>Since all the objects information will go to the dictionary in the
>system tablespace. The system tables will grow very big. I am worry
>about MANAGEABILITY and PERFORMANCE about this database. I'd like to
>hear you guys' opinion about the above approach. Anybody have
>experience to a database has hundred schemas?

I have a dev database w/ about 130+ users. Systems tablespace is about 200M. I can't say it performs greatly, but nobody really complains. If your tables aren't large just populate each schema w/ your data. Also consider using MTS, if you expect multiple connections per user, or many concurrent users.
We use Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 11:45:54 CDT