Re: [8i] Local unique indexes on a partitionned table - Is it possible ?

From: Frederic PAYANT <fpayant_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 02:23:11 -0700

Thanks a lot Howard and Jonathan for your answers.

If nor a unique constraint, nor a unique index are possible locally, is there any issue for ensuring the unicity of my index.

Does the idea of testing uniqueness into a trigger on insert seems you clever ? (remember that I have a big constraint on performance, and that there will be, anyway, an index (not unique) on that key. Another important point is that I'll have 90 partitions on that table)

Are there other ways to ensure the uniqueness of the key ?

Many thanks by advance

Best regards
Frederic PAYANT - junior DBA ;-) Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 04:23:11 CDT