Re: Oracle database with 100 schemas

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:41:48 +0100

Either way, you play database is going to have to have a very large shared pool to deal with all the rowcache information child cursors. Parsing could be very slow.

An alternative - which may be viable -

    one table = one view.

Add a column data_owner to each table,
and a before_insert trigger that populates the column with the current user name.

    Create viewX as
    select * from tableX
    where data_owner = user;

Create a histogram of 200+ columns on
the data_owner column on each table unless every user has about the same amount of data in every column.

Include the data_owner in every index as the first column.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminars