status quo of a oracle installation

From: fabienne hadkova <fh_at_q-bus.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:02:44 +0200

Hello
I don't know if this is the right newsgroup to post to so sorry if it's wrong.
I must go to a company next week and I have 4 hours to find out all I can about the installation and environment of an oracle server. The company I work for should provide support and we need to know how everything is set up.
I will have the system and sys password and collect all informations I want. Sofar, I can think about checking the init<SID>ora, make a few queries on the dba-tables, see how many instances are running, search for any kind of automated scripts, procedures.
I don't know the version yet (it might be 7) running on a nt-server. I am a (very) beginning dba with (very) little practical experience. Since I work only on Linux and AIX machines, I don't know if there is something special I should consider because it is set up on NT.Could anybody help me and point me to anything that I should be checking when I go there? Thanks
Fabienne Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 15:02:44 CDT