Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: ronald <ronald_at_foo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:21:58 +0200

"Nuno Souto" <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>

> - in the last 14 months the number of major new projects
> started with J2EE and/or Java has been NILL. Or very
> near to it.

That's Australia.

Last time I heard, it was SAP and Dell that switched to J2EE.

Also, I know for tens of european banks which use J2EE.

> Customers are not blind.

Customers know bugger-all. Customers "know" about "Windows". We all know that.

> it was never intended to be a
> horizontal architecture.

Speaking of middleware, J2EE is as horizontal, and as general, as it gets. Would you care to elaborate why it isn't "horizontal"? Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 06:21:58 CDT