Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 21:39:43 +1000

In article <ae4mh1$3v1o0$1_at_ID-87429.news.dfncis.de>, you said (and I quote):

> Last time I heard, it was SAP and Dell that switched to J2EE.

Oh boy. That WILL be fun!!!

> Also, I know for tens of european banks which use
> J2EE.

Perfectlly alright. J2EE is very good for their OLTP and web access ( a special case of OLTP) environments. And that's about it.

> Customers know bugger-all. Customers "know"
> about "Windows". We all know that.

and what bites less in the pocket. Period.

> > it was never intended to be a
> > horizontal architecture.
>
> Speaking of middleware, J2EE is as horizontal, and
> as general, as it gets. Would you care to elaborate
> why it isn't "horizontal"?

Explain first your claim that J2EE is as horizontal and as general as it gets.

As for why it isn't horizontal? Because it adresses well one lone and single, vertical architecture: the shopping cart. And not very efficiently.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto