Re: DROP COLUMN uses rollback?

From: Stephen B <stephen.bell_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:18:35 -0400

That makes perfect sense...thank you!
I'm familiar with the UNUSED option, but I'll need to free up the space eventually...this particular database is in development and will ultimately be deployed accross the country...unfortunately space is a consideration in deployment.

Thank you especially Howard, for taking the time to clearly delineate why this particular type of DDL requires rollback.

Much appreciated,

Steve