Re: Identifying parallel query slaves

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 00:17:32 +0200

"Chuck" <chuckhNOSPAM_at_softhome.net> wrote in message news:adj6q3$11sbnr$1_at_ID-85580.news.dfncis.de...

> "Fred" <fpuhan_at_precise.com> wrote in message
> > In <adj4va$11460m$1_at_ID-85580.news.dfncis.de> Chuck wrote:
> > > The unix PPID is always 1. That doesn't help me.
> > >
> > > What I want to do is find out which PQ slaves are running queries for
> > > a particular parent SID. In other words if there are 100 PQ slaves
> > > running, and my query has 4 of them, I want to know which 4 are
> > > working on my query.
> >
> > At the risk of sounding like an advertisement, Precise/Savant will show
> > you this. At the click of a mouse.
>
> I know all about that. I have the tool. It hangs running it's startup
> queries on my data warehouse though. Well, actually it doesn't hang but it
> takes about 10 minutes. And everytime it tries to refresh it hangs for
> another 10 minutes. And unfortunately the refresh rate somehow got set to
10
> seconds so it's perpetually refreshing on this database and I can never
get
> it to do anything useful there.
>
> Anyway, I was hoping to do what I want with SQL against the oracle data
> dictionary.

It definitely is possible.
I remember something about all the session having the same sid, but different serials, and program names like 'P000' etc. However, at home I can't check.
I will try to check tomorrow in a live system which definitely is, though inadvertently, running parallel query.

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA