Re: Identifying parallel query slaves

From: Chuck <chuckhNOSPAM_at_softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:09:38 -0400

"Fred" <fpuhan_at_precise.com> wrote in message news:20020604154214846-0400_at_news.his.com...
> In <adj4va$11460m$1_at_ID-85580.news.dfncis.de> Chuck wrote:
> > The unix PPID is always 1. That doesn't help me.
> >
> > What I want to do is find out which PQ slaves are running queries for
> > a particular parent SID. In other words if there are 100 PQ slaves
> > running, and my query has 4 of them, I want to know which 4 are
> > working on my query.
>
> At the risk of sounding like an advertisement, Precise/Savant will show
> you this. At the click of a mouse.

I know all about that. I have the tool. It hangs running it's startup queries on my data warehouse though. Well, actually it doesn't hang but it takes about 10 minutes. And everytime it tries to refresh it hangs for another 10 minutes. And unfortunately the refresh rate somehow got set to 10 seconds so it's perpetually refreshing on this database and I can never get it to do anything useful there.

Anyway, I was hoping to do what I want with SQL against the oracle data dictionary. Received on Tue Jun 04 2002 - 15:09:38 CDT