Re: Problem with net8 easy configuration

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 04:18:20 GMT

Well, foist of all, I never use EasyConfig.

Net8 is a little harder to use, and learn, but it is less lilely to leave things out, especially as your network suddenly becomes more sophisticated.

Your TNSNAMES.ORA files should be symmetrical for both machines.

Your LISTENER.ORA files should be similar looking excepting of course that the specific entries for your server/instance/SID./service entries would be different.

What communications method are you using? TCP/IP generally works best between different Solaris machines.

That Easy Config tool ought to be drowned and boiled. It's only any good for quickie things.

Write back.

RSH.
"Bill" <billw_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:RgWK8.5566$QZ3.896619_at_news20.bellglobal.com...
> Hi everone,
>
> I installed Oracle8.1.5 on two SolarisX86 version 7 machines and created
two
> databses successfully. But one server has a problem to configure a client
> access it with Net8 easy configureation. Server B can be accessed from all
> other clients including from Server A, but Server A cannot be accessed by
> any clients through a net8 easy configuration.I use Tnsping to check it,
it
> says OK, when use Net8 Easy configuration to test, it displays No
Listener.