Listener Woes

From: Bob <bobs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:17:03 GMT

I'm brand new to Oracle Server and have a bit of a problem with listeners.

I have set the Oracle 8i for NT server up on a Windows 2000 Server and then installed the Oracle Client over on a Windows 2000 workstation. The server appears to be working fine and I have connected with SQL Plus on the server machine. However over on the Client side I have no listener.

I initially had nothing showing in the services but have started a listener using lsnrct.start. Now I have a listener that starts automatically on startup. However if I check it with lsnrctl services I get the following display:

Conecting to <Description =<Address =<protocol = TCP><Host = BigDell><Port = 1521>>>
TNS -15241: TNS: No Listener
TNS -12560: TNS: Protocol Adapter Error
TNS 00511: No Listener
32-Bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown Error

Anyone have any ideas as to what my problem is. I am connected to the Server machine and can get files etc. just fine. Thanks.

Bob :-) Received on Sat Jun 01 2002 - 22:17:03 CDT