Re: Database link and global names

From: Martin Drautzburg <martin.drautzburg_at_web.de>
Date: 31 May 2002 09:45:16 +0200

"George Barbour" <gbarbour_at_csc.com> writes:

> If you rename global_names from FALSE to TRUE.you will almost definitely
> have to recreate all your database links unless your DBA was extremely
> correct when he initially created them.

In my environment global names has *always* been set to true and the database link names matched the global names of the databases they point to - and the world was at peace.

The only thing that has changed is that links named "foo" magically got renamed to "foo.world" after the 8.1.7 migration. Now "foo.world" points to a database called "foo".

I simply don't know how to create a database link "foo" under 8.1.7. The oracle Zwangsbeglückung always adds a ".world" suffix. Received on Fri May 31 2002 - 02:45:16 CDT