Shared Sockets. 8.1.7.3

From: Mr Pink <MrPink_at_Technologist.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:51:47 +0100

Hello,

I am running Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I am trying to force traffic down a single port as they are currently being assigned randomly within the listener.log

I have added USE_SHARED_SOCKET = TRUE into the registry at \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0 and it makes no difference. I have also added USE_SHARED_SOCKET= TRUE within the SQLNET.ORA and still no difference.

Does anyone know why Oracle refuses to force the traffic down the one port?

Many Thanks!

Lee Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 05:51:47 CDT