Re: Can't start my new OID on W2K

From: andrea <bacchi_at_cli.di.unipi.it>
Date: 30 May 2002 03:33:57 -0700

sorry for delay of this reply, and for my english

> Hy,
>
> i'm testing the OID purchase with Oracle 8i under an w2k box.
yes I have Oracle8i 8.7.1.1 with OID 2.1.1. but I not have most experience
> the software is installed, the DB was fully created. i start a CMD box.
> when i launch oidmon connect=DBOID start, the response is
> OracleDirecoryService started,
> but in the service window of W2K, the service appears stoped.

when I lunch "oidmon connect=SIDDBOID start" in my services windows , oid appears started,
I not know because in your system , this not work, try see log file in %ORACLE_HOME%\ldap\log for various error message or test the services on port 389 ( default port for ldap service) with netstat -an command.If the port 389 is open , then the service is started.

Sorry for general reply
I hope this help you.

I have problem for stop oidmon , when I lunch oidmon connect=SIDDBOID stop the service not stop and after if I restart the service , the response is
OracleDirectoryServices already started. In log file I see that an error in connecting to db is occurred, but I don't know the reason. Received on Thu May 30 2002 - 05:33:57 CDT