Re: EXPORT File Format / Export API

From: Dale Edgar <Dale_at_DataBee.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:33:17 +0000 (UTC)

On 28 May 2002 22:28:53 -0700, sroesch3_at_attbi.com (Steve) wrote:

>"Tim Smith" <x_at_x.com> wrote in message news:<TETI8.134047$Po6.287131_at_rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net>...
>> Is the Export File format in the public domain? If not, is there an export
>> api? I am interested in creating custom export dump files, from non-Oracle
>> data sources. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
>>
>> TS
>
>Oracle Export Format has never been documented and there is no api.

True - but the format isn't all that cryptic. A bit of work with a binary editor will enable you to figure out enough to do what you want to do.

Thats what we did for our DBATool freeware - and the approach was quite successful.

Regards
Dale

DBATool new feature: Generate instant schema documentation with the DDL to HTML converter. http://www.DataBee.com Received on Wed May 29 2002 - 10:33:17 CDT