A better Oracle backup scheme?

From: Mike Barnes <mrb_at_mda.ca>
Date: 28 May 2002 14:33:59 -0700

I am involved in writing the database portion of our application build and deployment procedures, and one of the things we have to do before deploying a new release is to do a database backup. Currently the integration team is just doing an export of all the objects under the relevant application user. It has been taking longer and longer as the size of the database grows, and they're wondering if it can be done faster with a method other than export. One thing that I've tried is direct mode export, and that seems to be faster, but is there anything else? For instance, would it be faster to do a backup using rman? Received on Tue May 28 2002 - 16:33:59 CDT