Re: How To Improve Connection Times?

From: Khalid Eidoo <someone_at_rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 14:53:24 GMT

The machines all sit together on a segmented 100Mb switch. Consequently, pings are very low, usually 1-3Milliseconds. There is no firewall involved, the only other service we have running (SSH) connects almost instantly. I don't believe it is a network issue as it is something in the configuration of our listeners. I have included our listener information below.

# LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File: /home/oracle/config/9.0.1/listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

FORSYS =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = forsys.terida.com)(PORT = 1521))   )

SAVE_CONFIG_ON_STOP_FORSYS = TRUE SID_LIST_FORSYS =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = forsys.terida.com)
(ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/9.0.1)
(SID_NAME = forsys)

    )
  )

# TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File: /home/oracle/config/9.0.1/tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

FORSYS =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = forsys)

    )