Re: How To Improve Connection Times?

From: Khalid Eidoo <someone_at_rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 15:07:06 GMT

Also, just to respond to this possibility as well, our pre_page_sga parameter is set to false, and lock_sga is set to false as well. In production, our database is expected to be relatively small. We expect it to grow to around 750MB to 1.5GB. The memory settings are as follows:

Shared Pool: 208MB
Buffer Cache: 512MB
Large Pool: 10MB
Java Pool: 64MB (doesn't really matter since we aren't using Java Stored Procedures etc.)

Total SGA is 282MB.

Based on what has been said, it it possible that our memory parameters are set too large?

Khalid.