Re: How to store a directory info into a database?

From: Carl Rosenberger <carl_at_db4o.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 00:03:27 +0200

> You are replicating something the RDBMS is designed to do. Why?

RSH, our engine does not "replicate something the RDBMS is designed to do", it's an object database engine that can simply store and retrieve tree data, without having to use an RDBMS at all.

> We're all trying to help, but I believe are still trying to
> understand what it is you need to do?

Joe Celko has posted quite a few approaches to store tree structures to relational databases. If you search with Google Groups, you should find some good answers.

No relational database will be as performant as an object database for the task.
...not even Oracle.

Kind regards,
Carl

---