Oracle on Unix vs Oracle on win nt

From: AK <kohli_ak_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2002 10:54:30 -0700

Hi,
I need som help figuring out the plus points of hosting Oracle server 8.1.7 on Unix as against Win Nt. We currently host our Oracle server on win nt but desire to migrate to unix. What i am asking for is some statistics/figures and /or benchmarkin links. Oracle support was not able to give any help at all. They as they support both platforms and cant promote one agianst the other.....
Very diplomatic..............

I am personally convinced that unix is a better option but need these figures to convince the higher management abt the same.

With regards,
AK Received on Thu May 23 2002 - 12:54:30 CDT