Re: Oracle 9i install on Windows 98

From: Azstrummer <azstrummer_at_aol.com>
Date: 23 May 2002 16:58:14 GMT

>What is the P08 user? Did you create that? Anyway, most Oracle
>accounts come locked (except for sys, system etc) and do not have
>default passwords.

Found out yesterday that the package did not come with the PO8 user created. After some quick study figured out how to add that user in, set its password and give it the rights to be able to open the local database. Now why that PO8 user is locked into the access to that local database is beyond me. Could it be that it was created under that username and somehow Oracle just forgot to include it in the preset users?

Art Martin Received on Thu May 23 2002 - 11:58:14 CDT