DBMS_SPACE.FREE_BLOCKS and partitions

From: Michael Spellbrink <michaelspellbrink_at_yahoo.de>
Date: 22 May 2002 10:56:02 -0700

Hello,

I'm using Oracle 8.1.7 and I have some problems with the DBMS_SPACE Pck.
when I try to execute it on Tables,Indexes and Clusters it works fine, even with a 'null' scan_limit, but
when I try to execute it with Partitioned Objects, it takes hours for Objects with 1 freelist groups and 1 freelist . I tried to trace the session and found out that a lot of sequential_reads are going on, just like when i traced the execution on a 'normal' table. The partitions are not very big. Unfortunately, I can't set the scan_limit to a different value because I have to have the whole segment 'scanned'. I would greatly appreciate help, thanks folks

Michael Spellbrink Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 12:56:02 CDT