Re: real time app. on Oracle

From: A.Liggins <A.Liggins_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:56:54 +0000 (UTC)

You may want to investigate Advanced Queueing, but I suspect that really need to think about what
you are trying to do.

Most Unix's and NT aren't real time systems, so you really must come up with a definition of what your 'real-time'
really is, what you want the system to do, and why it is real time. You may have to investigate other databases and os's to satisfy your application.

Oracle can't do real time because the OS can't.

Alun