Re: sqlldr Question

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 21 May 2002 10:55:49 -0700

In article <u7vG8.4$sg6.177_at_news.oracle.com>, "Sunil" says...

>I will give some more info on my problem
>
>The file is of the structure
>
>name_1, my_data_1
>name_2, my_data_A
>name_3, my_data_xyz
>name_4, my_data_pqrst
>
>Now this may change to
>
>name_1, my_data_1
>name_2, my_data_B
>name_3, my_data_xyz
>name_4, my_data_pqrst
>name_5, my_data_lmnop
>
>In this case I want the extra row for "name_5" to be inserted and the row
>for name_2 to be updated from my_data_B to my_data_A.
>
>Thanks In Advance,
>Sunil.

What version are you running? Seems an obvious candidate for external tables if you're using 9i. If not, you'll need to either write yourself some sort of PL/SQL program to open the file, read each record and compare it to existing ones to determine relevant action, OR truncate the table and reload it using SQL*Loader.

>"Sunil" <sunil_franklin_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I need to load some data into a table from a file.
>> Later The file may undergo some changes and these changes will have to be
>> reflected in the table. There is a pk column in the table (name) .
>> How can I go about this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sunil.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 12:55:49 CDT