Snapshot "UNDEFINED" object invalid

From: Jason S. Person <personj_at_ncr.disa.mil>
Date: 21 May 2002 07:53:08 -0700

Here's what I'm doing:
create snapshot TEST as select * from TEST_at_TEST_MASTER;

This creates two objects of name TEST - a table and an object of type
"UNDEFINED".
Now, here's the problem:
The status of the "UNDEFINED" object will change to "INVALID" anytime I do a refresh. The refresh succeeds, all of the data is moved over and everything appears great, except that the status is "INVALID". I can recompile the snapshot and the status remains "VALID" until I do another refresh at which time the status changes back to "INVALID".

I have searched every book I can find to get more information on the
"UNDEFINED" object, but can't find anything. If anyone has a
suggestion, I'd be very appreciative. Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 09:53:08 CDT