Re: Free disk space on Oracle volumes ?

From: Aurelio Martin <amartin_at_traza-si.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:32:50 +0200

"Jarek Palka" <jpalka_at_interia.KILLSPAM.pl> escribió en el mensaje news:3CE8D4D4.6080606_at_interia.KILLSPAM.pl...
> Is it possible to determine how much space left on volumes where Oracle
> data_files reside ?
> Is there a PL/SQL package/procedure which returns amount of free server
disk
> space (or server disk usage ) ?
> I'd like know free disk space, NOT FREE tablespace size.
>
> --
> Jaroslaw Palka <jpalka_at_interia.KILLSPAM.pl>
> Katowice POLAND <Remove KILLSPAM from address >

You must create an external library linked to PL/SQL with the extproc interface. If you know an OS library function which returns the information you need, you can create a library alias with :

CREATE LIBRARY my_library AS '/path/to/my/library.dll_or_so';

Then you can register the function with :

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION SpaceLeftOnDevice( Device VARCHAR2 ) RETURN NUMBER IS
EXTERNAL LIBRARY my_library
NAME the_name_of_the_function_in_my_library ...

This function will be available to your PL/SQL code. Of course, you must find the appropriate OS library, and work out the details of the above SQL commands.

Hope this helps

    Aurelio Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 03:32:50 CDT