Synchronization with Database on Laptops

From: Robert Benzinger <r_benzinger_at_yahoo.de>
Date: 14 May 2002 10:20:59 -0700

Hello Group!

One of our customers has a Standard Edition production database and several laptops with Personal Edition installed. I have to write a script that periodically copies the new production data to the laptops. Until now I do it by hand using exp/imp but this is not an option for the future.

8i Enterprise Edition has transportable tablespaces, which would be a natural choice, as I understand the docu. But that option is not available in Std Ed. My boss does not like the idea to tell them to upgrade their licence and pay a lot of money for this single feature (that he has already sold them ...).

Do you know any acceptable alternatives or should I simply tell them to "eat the toad" (as we say here, no offence meant to Quest :-)

Thanks,
Robert

PS: The server is Windows 2000, 8.1.7, the laptops are Windows '98, also 8.1.7. Received on Tue May 14 2002 - 12:20:59 CDT