Re: connect / as sysdba not equivalent to connect internal

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 18:43:39 +1000

It's a SQL*Plus bug 9and I note you haven't patched to 8.1.7.3 where I believe the bug was sorted). An artifact of the merge of server manager and sql*plus functionality which meant that sqlplus would occasionally reject connection requests it was supposed to accept (such as the one you describe).

Internal and "/ as sysdba" *are* functionaly identical: both get you connected as SYS as a privileged user. It's just taken SQL Plus a bit of time to catch on to the new thinking!

In 9i, for example, it's not a problem.

Regards