Re: where to put TNS_ADMIN var in registry for 817 client?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 19:20:42 +0200

On Mon, 13 May 2002 17:15:44 GMT, andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote:

>I can run a trace, but it won't show anything useful (I am sure it
>won't show the existence of TNS_ADMIN variable, and will just look at
>default locations)

It will show the contents of the tnsnames.ora. This means you will be capable to verify which tnsnames.ora it is using. Obviously, it must be a different tnsnames.ora or no tnsnames.ora at all. Also, AFAIK, Oracle won't support the UNC notation for the directory you are using.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon May 13 2002 - 12:20:42 CDT