Re: database keeps growing

From: <amazdaf_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 17:39:59 +0200

this is a ugly problem

in our company we have shellscripts which extract the database and does a complete rebuild , so everything is compressed in one extent

you can use the flatfiles for backup in case of diskcrash

but dont delete files or the system wont come up after restart, this seems to be a known bug

for good join you need an extra index on every column

normaly our tables have at least 30 indexes, which must be rebuilded day by day
so we are really busy down here

we have here more than 20 years experience in oracle, so we know our stuff. we are working since oracle 3 in this way and everything is going well