Re: VARCHAR2 storage on a page

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:50:51 +0100

"Pablo Sanchez" <pablo_at_dev.null> wrote in message news:nLBC8.820$eR3.57798_at_news.uswest.net...
> Not sure the exact context but say you had an MS SQL Stored procedure,
> it'd be handled the way you're thinking it ought to be handled.

I'm not saying ought to be handled. I'm just saying differences between the platforms can result in the same code giving different results. Which I think was once upon a time the point of this thread <g>.

> I'm not a SQL Server defender but for that matter, I try not to defend
> any RDBMS. Like the vendor cares about me? Perish that thought!
> What I believe is that with sufficient smarts, we as an engineering
> group, can run any RDBMS and make it perform well. Right?

Certainly ought to be able to. It does take a lot of know-how though.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA