Re: It seems many of his tips are utter crap.

From: George Barbour <gbarbour_at_csc.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:01:45 +0100

Thank you for your well intentioned reply.

> > Beginning to see a 'nasty' trend here. "Experts" sniping at "Experts".
>
> don't know whether you are referring to this thread or the c.d.o.*
heirarchy
> recently but I suspect this might be a misconception. There have been a
> number of quite informative and technical threads recently in which common
> knowledge has been rebutted.

This thread provoked me, but there has been named author bashing going on. Common knowledge has been debated and, is still being debated, which is a good thing.

No, it's the naming and shaming of authors I do not like. How do you defend comments like "It seems many of his tips are utter crap"?

George Barbour
Oracle DBA. Received on Fri May 10 2002 - 03:01:45 CDT