Nukeing Oracle 8.0.5 from NT Server

From: Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 14:35:04 GMT

Platform: Oracle 8.0.5 on NT 4

Trying to totall eradicate Oracle SE 8.0.5 from an NT server. Installer won't remove itself or the Required Support Files. Claims I have to stop all Oracle services, even though all Oracle services (as listed in the Services control panel) are stopped. OK, the Oracle installer can only do so much. Going on.

Tried to delete the \Orant directory. Balks at several of the .DLLs, claiming they are in use. Remember, all Oracle services are started. OK, I'll go on to the registry. Deleted HKLM\Software\Oracle. Deleted all Oracle services from HKLM\system\CurrenControlSet. Searching through the registry for any other instances of "ora" Obviously a lot of false hits on things that simply had "ora" as part of a string of characters (like "EudORA") but I also get a lot of actual oracle references in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID. Things like HCR\CLSID\{ a big hex value here }\ToolboxBitmap32; (default)=d:\orant\bin\oradc.ocx, 1.

Anybody have any idea what these CLSID entries are, can I leave them alone before installing 8.1.7, should I remove them, if so how?

TIA

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)