Re: Nukeing Oracle 8.0.5 from NT Server

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 01:09:42 +1000

In article <3cda86ab.261418870_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com>, you said (and I quote):
> Trying to totall eradicate Oracle SE 8.0.5 from an NT server. Installer won't
> remove itself or the Required Support Files. Claims I have to stop all Oracle
> services, even though all Oracle services (as listed in the Services control
> panel) are stopped. OK, the Oracle installer can only do so much. Going on.

You must NOT attempt to remove the software after deleting any files/folders. It will stop the installer from working properly.

> Tried to delete the \Orant directory. Balks at several of the .DLLs, claiming
> they are in use. Remember, all Oracle services are started.

Stop them and reboot.

> OK, I'll go on to
> the registry. Deleted HKLM\Software\Oracle. Deleted all Oracle services from
> HKLM\system\CurrenControlSet.

And that's it. In fact, if you just remove the Software\Oracle key all should now be OK for another install.

> actual oracle references in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID. Things like HCR\CLSID\{ a
> big hex value here }\ToolboxBitmap32; (default)=d:\orant\bin\oradc.ocx, 1.

You can safely ignore those. Most products in Windows leave those lingering behind. Never understood why but it doesn't seem to hurt, so there.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto