Re: index on a view ?

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 18:08:50 GMT

You can have an index on top of a materialized view. Materialized view, is actually a table, so there is some overhead in maintaining it.
RTFM
If your view aggregates data, snapshots (m. view) is the way to go.. You may also consider function-based indices.

On Mon, 6 May 2002 18:24:28 +0200, "Meier Roland" <Roland_Meier_at_freesurf.ch> wrote:

>Dear all
>
>I would like to create a view over 3 tables containig about 250000 rows
>each. But the view is terribly slow. Is there a way to create an index on a
>view ? I am not shure whether this is possible with materialized views,
>didnt find anything about it.
>
>Can anyone give me a hint ?
>
>Thank you
>
>Roland

We use Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Mon May 06 2002 - 13:08:50 CDT