OCLOSE OLOGOFF Hang Problem

From: Chris D. <ndacgd_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: 3 May 2002 11:24:25 -0700

We have an n-tier web application using IIS5.0 (Win2k), COM+ (Win2k), and Oracle 8i (NT4). We've been running some performance tests (one concurrent user hitting the same 7 pages, for 15 minutes). About 2/3 of the time, the performance is perfectly acceptable (< 5 seconds per page) The other 1/3 of the time, the pages will hang for upwards of 30-75 seconds. We ran a sniffer and found the following anomaly...

Summary                          Delta Time

TCP ACK                          (small)
SQL: OCLOSE - Close cursor       (small)
TCP ACK                          (small)
Expert: Window Frozen            43.166.457
SQL: OLOGOFF - Logoff from DB
Expert: Window Frozen            (small)
SQL: Done/Continue
SQL: OCLOSE - Close cursor       (small)
SQL: Done/Continue               (small)
TNS: Data End of File            (small)

Does anyone have any idea why the intermittent hang (different pages at different times)? We're not sure why the frozen window, or the two sets
of OCLOSE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Chris Received on Fri May 03 2002 - 13:24:25 CDT