Re: How to evaluate a database performance

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:08:35 -0600

"xo55ox" <xo55ox_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:abbcb3d7.0205030842.4623a2a0_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I wonder what should I check or consider when I am doing a
performance
> review on a database? What should I look for?
>
> Any information is appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is a troll or not but assuming not, you need to refine your question quite a bit more. Are you doing a call to dbms vendors to determine which you're going to buy? If so, there are other mitigating factors that are probably more important than performance ... etc. Anyway, please provide more data.

Thx!

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
mailto:pablo_at_hpdbe.com