Re: How to evaluate a database performance

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 19:15:45 GMT

xo55ox wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder what should I check or consider when I am doing a performance
> review on a database? What should I look for?
>
> Any information is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

You are asking a question that couldn't be answered completely in a 900 page book.

The answer depends on what you are trying to optimize? Is it an OLTP or data warehouse? Is it all SQL*Loader and SQL*Plus or is there a GUI? Is the GUI one with canned code or do you have the source and the ability to modify it? Is the app client-server or web. Are there triggers? packages? procedures? indexes?

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri May 03 2002 - 14:15:45 CDT