Re: Blocks in DBA_TABLES and DBA_SEGMENTS

From: Sean M <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 17:51:02 -0600

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> ASSM - automatic segment space management. Each extent of a segment gets a
> botmap describing which blocks are available for inserts.

Dang! Now it's coming back to me... I knew it sounded familar - heard about this in the 9i New Features course, but it got lost amongst the myriad other new features in the memory banks. Thanks for for the good synopsis and memory jog. I would also like to take this opportunity to propose a moratorium on new features for, say, a year or two, so that we have time to catch up. Who's with me? I think I fell behind around 8.0.5 and have been treading water ever since.

Regards,
Sean Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 18:51:02 CDT