Re: LOST DataBase Password

From: Sean M <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 16:54:06 -0600

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> No, you didn't snip anything. My apologies. The rather large paragraph is
> indeed included.

OK.

> It made it clear, I thought, I wasn't pleading innocence.

That paragraph made it clear that you weren't pleading *total* innocence. But you followed it with another paragraph in which you did plead innocence to certain types of heavy-handed put-downs ("But I think I have managed to avoid the complete put-down"). I merely pointed out that you ought to be careful how far you take that plea given what's available in a 2 minute search of Google.

> Care to include what else I posted with that comment (which I presume was
> from January 2002, not 2001)?

Sure (is your Google access limited somehow? I just typed in "don't be bloody stupid" and voila...). And it was definitely 2001:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=don%27t+be+bloody+stupid+group:comp.databases.oracle.server&hl=en&selm=3a68385b%40news.iprimus.com.au&rnum=1

> I can't say I didn't just shoot that one-liner
> and leave it at that, because I might have done. But I doubt it. I usually
> make a point of going on to the substantive matter.

You're absolutely correct - you followed the one-liner with substance, legitmately trying to help. And that's great, I applaud the effort (seriously). As I said, you've done far more good than harm here. If you prefer add some "spice" to your helpful posts, so be it, that's your right.

Regards,
Sean Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 17:54:06 CDT