Re: Databases in a server box

From: rob <rob_at_dsdelft.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 18:07:18 +0200

> Nevertheless you can also run more than one database (or instance to
confuse you
> even more) on one machine but almost ever it makes no sense.

Except when they are part of different applications. We host many small to medium sized databases (about 20) for different customers/applications on a big SUN Box with external storage (I wouldn't try this on NT/W2K). As long as they don't interfere performance wise there is no problem. Maintenance cost is reduced this way.

Regards,
Rob. Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 11:07:18 CDT