Re: Possible to compare date with easter (or any other holiday) with sql?

From: Alan <alanshein_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:37:15 -0400

Create a "calendar" table, something like:

CREATE TABLE calendar
(
full_date date, /* make sure all dates are midnight, and be aware of the time portion when you compare to this field */ day_type /* W=Weekday, S=Weekend, H=Holiday */, holiday_name VARCHAR2(50)
)
;

I populated a similar table using Excel to generate the dates and day_types. Holidays are manual.