Re: MS SQLServer to Oracle data migration - info needed

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 May 2002 15:15:07 -0700

Thanks for the advice. I should have put in more info, I just wanted to see if there were easier ways.

First, the SQL server database is at another site and there are currently no network links. This may change, but I have to assume that this is how it will remain. So the server hardware will have to be transported to my site, or the data dumped as I suggested and sent across.

Second, I have no MS SQLServer skills, nor does anyone in my organisation (hence the migration to Oracle). So I'd prefer to avoid MS tools.

The 70GB is the total database size.

I'll look at the data migration tool.

Thanks. Received on Wed May 01 2002 - 17:15:07 CDT