Re: How do I install Oracle OLAP Services in my DB?

From: Rodrigo Galvao <rodrigo_at_neus.com.br>
Date: 1 May 2002 15:35:06 -0700

I discovered that the OLAP Services can be installed in 9iīs version for NT (I was using Linux). I read that it must be installed using the Data Warehouse option. I donīt know if its true, but I did it anyway.

I seems that OLAP in Oracle is organized this way:

  1. 9i comes with basic OLAP capabilities based on Relational OLAP (ROLAP)
  2. To extend these functionalities to include Multidimensional OLAP (MOLAP) features, you must install Oracle with the Data Warehouse option. BUT, thatīs the point of confusion, MOLAP features came from an Oracle product known as Express Server. Iīm not sure, I seems that the Express Server was a tool designed for NT and UNIX, and this UNIX means anything but Linux!!!

The problem is: Oracle doesnīt say anything this solution!!!

[]īs
Rodrigo