Re: newbie Q: installing Oracle on machine without graphic adapter (cygwin)?

From: Frank Ratzlow <frank_ratzlow_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2002 18:04:06 -0700

Hi,

afaik the only intention of the x-server is the the purpose of being a driver between OS and graphic card. The X-client is independent of the actual X-server as long as I configure where the Server is running... I cannot believe that in the big boxes a graphic card is installed to setup the Oracle server. Out of the Lotus corner I know server installation procedures by using scripts stepping you through the thing ... and it works great.
Is there someting else (and even documented ...)? Is there no other way to get this DB-server running without a graphic card in the machine I'm going to install.

Very strange ...

TIA Frank