Re: Autoincrement in Oracle 8.1.7

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 23:27:02 GMT

Bravo.

Actually, given that you can cache sequences etc. I am not so quick to assume that an auto identiy is faster. I bet sequence on a Sun box is faster than on a Win 2K box. Not fair you say because SQL Server doesn't run on Sun. Then put in an enhancement request to MS to expand their platforms. I know, I know it would be a cold day in the nether regions before that would happen.

Jim