newbie Q: installing Oracle on machine without graphic adapter (cygwin)?

From: Frank Ratzlow <frank_ratzlow_at_nospamm.hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:05:53 +0200

Hi,

got an SUN E250 without an graphic card running. I've read several newsgroup articles to setup some kind of x-server on the client machine (in my case a w2k pc) and reset the DISPLAY variable. Has anyone successfully used cygwin in this configuration? Are there any known pitfalls? Any hints / docs? The original doku refers to humingbird but we don't have it ...

Any hints are welcome ...

TIA Frank Received on Sun Apr 28 2002 - 08:05:53 CDT