Re: "SYSTEM RUNNING OUT OF PAGING SPACE" (AIX-HACMP-Oracle)

From: Zongk_Tu <jpseo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:55:39 GMT

Arne:

Oracle recommends two times the physical memory for the SWAP ...

Sounds like you need to tune your Primary & Secondary Swap for your OS ...

More importantly, once you have your Instance up & running,

you need to sum all of your SZ or VSZ coulmn from 'ps -o' command ..(Posix ps).

and then multiply that with 4K page size..

That will be the total Virtual Set Size for your Instance ...

So you will have to boot to a single user mode & resize your swap ..

Unlesss you have tools like IGNITE-UX in the HP-UX world...

HTH zongk Tu

Oracle Apps DBA/Unix SA