Re: Can datafiles from 32-bit be recovered to 64-bit?

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:48:24 +0200

No, you can't. Just tried that with a db from HP-UX 11 32bit to a HP-UX 11 64bit.
When you try a shutdown immediate it hangs forever. Logons resulted in errors too.
We did not investigate it further because it was easy in our case to move to another HP-UX 32 bit node.
I must say that we had Java loaded in that database and I can imagine that it had to be reloaded completely (like described in the release notes of V8.1.7 patch 3).
But if that's the only reason, I can't tell. Oracle support will tell you you can't.

Rhugga <ccarson_at_rhugga.net> schreef in berichtnieuws 3CC98E83.3040600_at_rhugga.net...